Yesterday morning I found myself spending way too much mental energy thinking about how utterly crap the train system is. I’ve been delayed twice this week already – 35 mins Tuesday, 15 mins Wednesday… How much I pay a year Vs the quality of the service literally infuriates me beyond belief.
Once I stepped back and realised the little internal rage I was having, I decided to focus on something positive instead*. I ended up reflecting on all the people who’ve inspired me this week and left me with the warm fuzzies/desire to be a kinder human being.
*Quick side note – I clearly didn’t change my thought process quickly enough because I absolutely tempted fate/attracted a DISASTROUS train situation today. Blog post on this soon! But here’s your reminder – you get back what you give out. Thoughts become things!!!
Anyway, back to the lovely people of my week:
- A cashier in Pret A Manger on Monday who served me as though I was his best friend in the world. He acted like he was genuinely happy to see each customer and had the most contagious energy! I left feeling so lifted and inspired to spread good energy!
- A young lad/Boots employee who couldn’t have been more helpful to an old woman asking “where’s the shampoo?”. He led her to the isle and made conversation with such warmth you’d have thought she was his own nanna.
- A lovely man who offered me his seat on the tube today.
- Another man who’d been standing the entirety of the train journey from St Pancras to Gravesend who offered the first available seat to a woman down the isle. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about equality but old school gentlemanly gestures do make me smile.
- My Jack, who makes me dinner and comes to meet me at the station every night so I don’t have to walk home in the dark on my own ♥️
- The people who take the time out of their day to read my blogs – and the ones who comment on them! I know how busy everyone is so it’s incredible that people take time out of their day to show their support and leave their thoughts! Thank you a million times.
- The girls at work who are the most supportive and complimentary bunch I know. They build each other up daily and have made such an impact on me in the 6 months I’ve been here.
- A girl on the tube with the most fabulous black bob I’ve ever seen, dark green coat and killer ‘I’m me’ vibe who was knitting on her morning commute. She was in her own little world and I loved watching her lose herself in the movement of it. She reminded me how enchanting it is to see someone being truly themselves – and how important it is to embrace your uniqueness.
Look out for the helpers, spreaders of good energy and wonderful humans throughout your week too – and if you notice yourself focusing on something negative, zap that thought ASAP!
Love, Siân x